It's a simple Linux tool to edit the .desktop files relating applications of your menu.
this program is compatible with every DE that use "*.desktop" files
- Changed the development environment from Gambas2 to Gambas3
- Fixed a bug that brought the program to crash when the folder ~/.local/share/applications did not exist.
- Fixed a bug that did not show the applications in the listbox after a reloading
- Possibility to edit all applications found in /usr/share/applications and ~/.local/share/applications
- Possibility to filter found applications by main categories.
- A quick editor to edit all main options of the .desktop file (for amateur users)
- An advanced textual editor to edit any option of the .dekstop file (for expert users)
- Possibility to add new applications
- Possibility to delete the .desktop files of unwanted applications.
- First public release: yet not fully tested, please report to me any bug.
use the package on AUR.
based distros (ex. Ubuntu and derivates) use the DEB package.
-About all other distros:
- Install the dependencies:
Note: gambas3-gb-qt4 is optional, install it only if you need the QT support for KDE.
- Download the package containing the binaries (bin)
- Give the execution rights to the binary file:
chmod +x ApplicationsEditor.gambas
- Run the binary file double-clicking on it or typing in a terminal:
- To Gambas creators.
- To my girlfriend for her infinite patience.