Eden (formerly MangaEden.com) Batch Downloader is a simple multiplatform tool to download in
batch manga chapters from MangaEden.com
- Fixed a bug that did not apply the correct file extension when it was ".jpeg"
- Fixed a bug in the creation of the PDF file when using the single file downloading mode that corrupted the PDF.
- Fixed a bug in CBZ files created using the single file downloading mode where internal images were named in a bad way and this could break
alphabetical order with some manga readers. To avoid this issue now the program will create a subfolder for every chapter.
- Fixed a bug about the overwriting of chapters with same number: rewriting from scratch the download function I forgot to recreate a check function
about the chapter's number so chapters with the same number were overwritten.
Now the program will use a numerical suffix to avoid this issue, just as in versions before v6.0.
- Now the chapters will be numbered correctly at list acquisition using numerical suffix to distinguish them in the case of multiple chapters with the same number
- The list of chapters is now the default ordered starting from the first chapter to the last one
- Completely rewritten from scratch the source code of the program: all functions have been completely rewritten from scratch in a
more efficiently and interconnected way, so as to ensure a more correct and clean esecution for the program.
- Updated the interface of the program: in addition to the source code also the GUI has been updated and improved, often starting
from scratch even here.
- Wider use of threads to avoid freezes of the main window of the program starting from the acquisition of the manga's ID
- Fixed a bug in the loading manga dialog that if any URL in the recents was too long then it brought the dialog window to resize horizontally,
sometimes even beyond the limits of the screen.
- Program's title no longer variable: now a text string has been included in the main window that will have precisely the task of notifying
the progress of ongoing operations.
- Fixed a bug in the previous version that brought the program to crash if you select all the available chapters of a manga to download.
- Added an advanced error handling function: now, unless a serious error that does not allow physically to continue with the download process,
all the pages and/or chapters that return any download error will be automatically skipped by program that will continue the download process until
the end anyway. The full and detailed list of the pages/chapters that have given an error will then be notified to the user after the
completion of the download process.
- Added, in the main window, also detailed information about the loaded manga: in addition to the cover of past versions now will be also displayed
the description, the date of the last update and the current state of the manga exactly as reported by the website itself.
- Added in the Settings an option to change the theme used by the program by choosing from one of those installed in your JVM.
- Now the main window of the program is resizable: in this way you can now set it to full screen to fit any screen/resolution.
- Added an advanced confirmation dialog for export in XML function.
- Completely rewritten the command line functions. For more information about this feature, please refer to the detailed tutorial you can
- Completely rewritten the CBZ/PDF compression function: in the previous versions the program downloaded images, wrote them to disk and only later
compressed them in CBZ or PDF, finally deleting the downloaded pictures. Now everything is done in RAM, which means that now the program downloads
the image and writes them to disk already compressed, so it skips several steps in comparison to the previous procedure. This should bring a
substantial efficiency gain for the whole process.
- Removed the option for deleting downloaded images after the compression: for the reason said above, images are now written to disk already
compressed, so there are no temporary files to delete later making this option totally useless now.
- Changed the Settings window by removing the options that are no longer needed and adding the new ones.
- Recompiled the program using JAVA 6: since I have rewritten all the functions of the program I decided to compile it using the old JAVA 6 this time,
to fulfill the desire of those who wanted to use the program on older PCs where is still installed the old and most widespread version of the JVM.
- Dropped the use of an external library for CBZ compression: now the program uses the official functions of JAVA for ZIP compression of images.
- Automatic search for new program's updates at startup
- Various improvements and changes that at the time of writing this changelog I forgot.
since v6.0 suffered of a total rewrite of much of the program's functions, surely there could be bugs that are entirely
new. I therefore ask you to be patient if you get any of them and please report them immediately through the
official project page on BitBucket
you can find
, thank you.
[+] Older versions
- Added the number of available chapters for any manga to the list's title.
- Added a warning in case the output folder for any manga already exists.
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to use of the word ALL as value for CHAPTERS key in command line mode.
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to compress in PDF when "as single file" mode was enabled in command line mode.
- Updated the doc of command line mode (you can find it HERE).
- Changed the graphic layout of the program main window
- Added a button to quickly select all the available chapters at once
- Added a tooltip with a hint on the list
- Added a checkbox to activate the "as single file" download mode
- Added "as single file" download mode: if selected all the downloaded chapters will be compressed into a single file
- Added a function for saving the last 5 manga link inserted
- Added a function in the program settings to turn off saving the last 5 manga link inserted
- Added a button in the program settings to clear the history of manga links inserted
- Added a function for compressing images into PDF files
- Added in the program settings the choice of compression between CBZ and PDF
- Added in the program settings the possibility to choose the PDF compression quality
- Added a command line mode
- Adding a function to create the XML configuration file for a later use with the command line mode:
for details and instructions about this new mode please refer to the specific page HERE.
- Added new checks and warnings message for the user in case of errors
- Adding a function to check the availability of any updates for the program
- Added the possibility to read the program license
- Fullfilled the request
now the program allows the user to choose the sort order (descending or ascending)
of the available chapters list.
Note: the sort order will impact also on the downloading process of the chapters,
infact they will be downloaded following the sort order you choose.
- Fullfilled the request
#7: now the program also supports the download of hentai manga from perveden.com.
perveden.com support is disabled by default! It must be activated by the user himself using the specific
function in program's Settings. In addition, for added security in avoiding any unwanted access to
this feature, the program will not save its activation and therefore it will be disabled every startup.
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to download "duplicated" chapters: previously if a manga
had 2 or more chapters with the same numbering the program downloaded them all in the same
folder overwriting each other. Now the program will use an additional numbering (ex: 001-1, 001-2, 001-3, etc...)
in the case of chapters with the same number.
- Fixed the problem of not deleting folders after compression in CBZ under Windows: thanks to the use of
library now the program allows you to schedule the deletion of source folders at JVM closure,
allowing also users of Microsoft Windows to delete source folders after compression in CBZ.
- Fixed a bug with the covers that were not properly updated after the change of manga.
- At the change of manga the previously entered URL will now be automatically cleared.
- Added a check for the input URL in order to notify immediately any errors.
- Added a shortcut to the Change Manga dialog: now just press F5 to make it appear.
- Changed the program's default theme from multiplatform to the system one.
In this way the appearance of the program should better integrate with the OS in use.
- Changed the name of the program in a more general and short one: Eden Batch Downloader.
- Changed the icon of the program using that one in the Mangaeden.com official logo.
- As promised, reintroduced again the Italian translation for the program.
- Cleaned up the code and reduced the imports.
- Created an all-in-one JAR: now the necessary libraries are included in the main .jar file.
Final note about v3.0:
- Program completely rewritten from scratch.
- Changed the programming language from Gambas to JAVA: in this way the program is now bootable
and compatible with all Operating Systems on which there is a JVM, whether they are
Windows, Linux or Mac.
- The program now uses the specific APIs provided by MangaEden.com: this means that there will be
better chances in the future that the program will remain compatible with the site even after updates
to its HTML code.
- Now the program will download the pages of manga one by one: in fact after the change
of server MangaEden.com has disabled the feature to download their manga directly in CBZ.
Because of this change in policy you can NOT use older versions of this program.
- Removed the need for login: thanks to the API and the new method of downloading page by page you no
longer need to login to download mangas from the site.
- Added an internal function to compress the downloaded chapters in CBZ.
- Added an internal function to delete the pages of the downloaded chapters after they have been
compressed in CBZ (due to a bug in JAVA this feature is NOT available under Windows!)
- Added settings where the user can choose the output folder, to compress downloaded chapters
in CBZ and to delete the downloaded chapter's pages after compression.
- Just like the old versions of the program all the settings will be saved and reloaded automatically
at the next startup.
- Added the possibility to abort at any time the download process.
- Added a second progress bar to notify the user of the total state of the download process.
- Minimal dependencies: now the program only requires the JRE, no other external tool or dependence.
- Added a startup check for necessary JAVA libraries.
- For Windows users: I converted the JAR in a simple and convenient EXE ready to be launched.
- Removed the Italian translation for the program.
As said before, because of the new policy adopted by Mangaeden.com, it is no longer possible to download the
manga directly in CBZ from the site. For this reason I had to opt for the manual download page by page.
Unfortunately, as you can easily imagine, this means that whereas in past versions there was only one thing
to do (download the CBZ file) now the process becomes longer and more complex (request to the APIs of the pages
in the chapter -> download of each page -> eventual compression CBZ -> eventual elimination of downloaded pages)
which requires much longer time. So please be patient and be ready to wait longer.
- Now the login password will not be displayed when typing.
- Added the possibility to store login data.
- Now the user's choices about login modes and output folder will be saved and autoloaded at next startup.
- Added a button to report bugs/suggestions.
- Changed the development environment to the most recent Gambas3 version (3.3.4).
Warning: Ubuntu and derivates users will have to add a new repository before installing the DEB package.
Read below for more detailed explanations.
- Changed the development environment from Gambas2 to Gambas3
- Now the internal login will be used by default
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to work with mangas containing duplicate chapters.
- Added a check for the login to verify if it was successful or not.
- Improved handling of errors that can occur.
- GUI slightly reorganized.
- Possibility to login in your account, so the program is now compatible with the new MangaEden.com (that requires a valid login to download mangas).
- Inserted an internal valid login for people that don't want to create an account on MangaEden.com (I don't know if and when this internal account will be banned, so use it until it works!)
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to download the last available chapter in a manga.
- Inserted a check for downloaded chapters, so if there will be problems in future you will be notified immediately.
- Now the program can download (and display) also the manga's cover
- Rearranged the GUI
- Now compatible again with the new MangaEden.com website
(after changes in MangaEden.com pages html code the past version of this program could download only the last chapter released: now fixed.)
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to download English mangas
- First public release
- Possibility to view all available chapters for any MangaEden.com manga
- Possibility to choose what chapters to download
- Possibility to download all available chapters
- Possibility to choose the output folder where to download files
- Downloaded mangas will be saved already in CBZ format
- Downloaded chapters will be saved in a folder named with manga's title
- Two translation available for the program: English and Italian
extract the ZIP package and run the EXE file.
-On Unix distros or Mac:
Istruzioni sulla modalità a riga di comando
- Install JAVA and reboot your PC.
- Download the ZIP package and extract it (you need "unzip" is installed!):
- Enter in the folder just extracted and run the JAR file with JAVA double-clicking on it or typing in a terminal:
java -jar EdenBatchDownloader.jar
Starting from v5.0 the program has a command line mode! For details and instructions about this new mode please refer to the specific page HERE
Bugs, Issues, Enhancements and Proposals
You can report any bugs or issues, as well as suggestions for enhancements and proposals, using the project's official
page on BitBucket
you can find
- To Oracle for the JAVA language.
- To the authors of
JSON-lib and xsPDF
- To MangaEden.com for its wonderfull mangas online database.
- To my girlfriend for her patience.