Eden (formerly MangaEden.com) Batch Downloader is a simple multiplatform tool to download in
batch manga chapters from MangaEden.com
- Fullfilled the request
now the program allows the user to choose the sort order (descending or ascending)
of the available chapters list.
Note: the sort order will impact also on the downloading process of the chapters,
infact they will be downloaded following the sort order you choose.
[+] Older versions
- Fullfilled the request
#7: now the program also supports the download of hentai manga from perveden.com.
perveden.com support is disabled by default! It must be activated by the user himself using the specific
function in program's Settings. In addition, for added security in avoiding any unwanted access to
this feature, the program will not save its activation and therefore it will be disabled every startup.
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to download "duplicated" chapters: previously if a manga
had 2 or more chapters with the same numbering the program downloaded them all in the same
folder overwriting each other. Now the program will use an additional numbering (ex: 001-1, 001-2, 001-3, etc...)
in the case of chapters with the same number.
- Fixed the problem of not deleting folders after compression in CBZ under Windows: thanks to the use of
library now the program allows you to schedule the deletion of source folders at JVM closure,
allowing also users of Microsoft Windows to delete source folders after compression in CBZ.
- Fixed a bug with the covers that were not properly updated after the change of manga.
- At the change of manga the previously entered URL will now be automatically cleared.
- Added a check for the input URL in order to notify immediately any errors.
- Added a shortcut to the Change Manga dialog: now just press F5 to make it appear.
- Changed the program's default theme from multiplatform to the system one.
In this way the appearance of the program should better integrate with the OS in use.
- Changed the name of the program in a more general and short one: Eden Batch Downloader.
- Changed the icon of the program using that one in the Mangaeden.com official logo.
- As promised, reintroduced again the Italian translation for the program.
- Cleaned up the code and reduced the imports.
- Created an all-in-one JAR: now the necessary libraries are included in the main .jar file.
Final note about v3.0:
- Program completely rewritten from scratch.
- Changed the programming language from Gambas to JAVA: in this way the program is now bootable
and compatible with all Operating Systems on which there is a JVM, whether they are
Windows, Linux or Mac.
- The program now uses the specific APIs provided by MangaEden.com: this means that there will be
better chances in the future that the program will remain compatible with the site even after updates
to its HTML code.
- Now the program will download the pages of manga one by one: in fact after the change
of server MangaEden.com has disabled the feature to download their manga directly in CBZ.
Because of this change in policy you can NOT use older versions of this program.
- Removed the need for login: thanks to the API and the new method of downloading page by page you no
longer need to login to download mangas from the site.
- Added an internal function to compress the downloaded chapters in CBZ.
- Added an internal function to delete the pages of the downloaded chapters after they have been
compressed in CBZ (due to a bug in JAVA this feature is NOT available under Windows!)
- Added settings where the user can choose the output folder, to compress downloaded chapters
in CBZ and to delete the downloaded chapter's pages after compression.
- Just like the old versions of the program all the settings will be saved and reloaded automatically
at the next startup.
- Added the possibility to abort at any time the download process.
- Added a second progress bar to notify the user of the total state of the download process.
- Minimal dependencies: now the program only requires the JRE, no other external tool or dependence.
- Added a startup check for necessary JAVA libraries.
- For Windows users: I converted the JAR in a simple and convenient EXE ready to be launched.
- Removed the Italian translation for the program.
As said before, because of the new policy adopted by Mangaeden.com, it is no longer possible to download the
manga directly in CBZ from the site. For this reason I had to opt for the manual download page by page.
Unfortunately, as you can easily imagine, this means that whereas in past versions there was only one thing
to do (download the CBZ file) now the process becomes longer and more complex (request to the APIs of the pages
in the chapter -> download of each page -> eventual compression CBZ -> eventual elimination of downloaded pages)
which requires much longer time. So please be patient and be ready to wait longer.
- Now the login password will not be displayed when typing.
- Added the possibility to store login data.
- Now the user's choices about login modes and output folder will be saved and autoloaded at next startup.
- Added a button to report bugs/suggestions.
- Changed the development environment to the most recent Gambas3 version (3.3.4).
Warning: Ubuntu and derivates users will have to add a new repository before installing the DEB package.
Read below for more detailed explanations.
- Changed the development environment from Gambas2 to Gambas3
- Now the internal login will be used by default
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to work with mangas containing duplicate chapters.
- Added a check for the login to verify if it was successful or not.
- Improved handling of errors that can occur.
- GUI slightly reorganized.
- Possibility to login in your account, so the program is now compatible with the new MangaEden.com (that requires a valid login to download mangas).
- Inserted an internal valid login for people that don't want to create an account on MangaEden.com (I don't know if and when this internal account will be banned, so use it until it works!)
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to download the last available chapter in a manga.
- Inserted a check for downloaded chapters, so if there will be problems in future you will be notified immediately.
- Now the program can download (and display) also the manga's cover
- Rearranged the GUI
- Now compatible again with the new MangaEden.com website
(after changes in MangaEden.com pages html code the past version of this program could download only the last chapter released: now fixed.)
- Fixed a bug that did not allow to download English mangas
- First public release
- Possibility to view all available chapters for any MangaEden.com manga
- Possibility to choose what chapters to download
- Possibility to download all available chapters
- Possibility to choose the output folder where to download files
- Downloaded mangas will be saved already in CBZ format
- Downloaded chapters will be saved in a folder named with manga's title
- Two translation available for the program: English and Italian
use the EXE package.
use the package on AUR.
based distros (ex. Ubuntu and derivates) use the DEB package.
-About all other Unix distros or Mac:
Bugs, Issues, Enhancements and Proposals
- Install JAVA and reboot your PC.
- Download the package containing the binaries (bin)
- Extract the package you just downloaded:
tar -zxvf edenbatchdownloader_x.x-x_bin.tar.gz
- Enter in the folder just extracted and run the JAR file with JAVA double-clicking on it or typing in a terminal:
java -jar EdenBatchDownloader.jar
You can report any bugs or issues, as well as suggestions for enhancements and proposals, using the project's official
page on BitBucket
you can find
- To Oracle for the JAVA language.
- To Maven for the JSON-lib
- To MangaEden.com for its wonderfull mangas online database.
- To my girlfriend for her patience.