It's a simple Linux GUI for LXSplit
It allows you to split or rejoin any file just like the famous hjsplit
- Changed the development environment from Gambas2 to Gambas3
- Rearranged and cleaned up the GUI
- Heavily cleaned up all the source code (deleted tens of useless lines of code)
- Reduced a lot the program's executable size
- Improved windows and errors handling
- Now the program is a GUI for LXSplit
- Possibility to choose an output folder (even though LXSplit does not allow it!)
use the package on AUR.
based distros (ex. Ubuntu and derivates):
- Install LXSplit using the deb-multimedia
repository (or just download the DEB for i386 or amd64)
- Install RS File Splitter using my DEB that you can download here on the right.
-About all other distros:
Bugs, Issues, Enhancements and Proposals
- Install the dependencies:
Note: gambas3-gb-qt4 is optional, install it only if you need the QT support for KDE.
gambas3-runtime, gambas3-gb-gtk, gambas3-gb-qt4,
gambas3-gb-image, gambas3-gb-form, lxsplit
- Download the package containing the binaries (bin)
- Give the execution rights to the binary file:
chmod +x RSFileSplitter.gambas
- Run the binary file double-clicking on it or typing in a terminal:
You can report any bugs or issues, as well as suggestions for enhancements and proposals, using the project's official
page on BitBucket
you can find
- To Gambas and LXSplit creators.
- To my girlfriend for her patience.