This is a simple Linux tool to get thumbnails from any video file. The output will be an image collage of video thumbnails taken in various moments.
In other words, it's very similar to the Media Player Classic "save thumbnails" feature for Windows.
It has been coded using gambas2 (gambas3 from v4) and it uses mplayer and imagemagick functions, for this reason you have to install the following three dependencies: Gambas2 (Gambas3), Mplayer and ImageMagick.
- Added a new feature to get thumbnails from only some parts of the video (100%, 50%, 25% and 10%). Useful to avoid spoilers.
- Changed again the GUI structure.
- Added Italian translation.
- Development environment migrated from Gambas2 to the new Gambas3
- Removed support for custom fonts
- Now as a temporary path will be used a specific invisible folder in own home
- Improved the GUI structure and cleaned up the code.
- Now the program uses a temporary path for all files created by the process.
- Now at the end of the process the program will ask where to save the created thumbnails.
- Added an icon to the program.
- Deleted the function to print video details on the thumbnails.
- Added a new value for thumbnails' number: now you can make up to 20 thumbnails at once.
- Added a function to choose your thumbnails width: it can be set as the original video width, half of it, 400px, 320px, 250px and 100px.
- Added a progress bar to show the current process status.
- Possibility to take thumbnails (screenshot) from any video file compatible with mplayer.
- Possibility to choose the number of thumbnails to get (4,8,12, or 16).
- Possibility to print video file details in the output image.
- Possibility to choose a custom font for video details printing. Just replace font.tff file with your favorite TTF font.
use the package on AUR.
-About all other distros:
- Install the dependencies:
Note: gambas3-gb-qt4 is optional, install it only if you need the QT support for KDE.
gambas3-gb-form, gambas3-gb-image, gambas3-gb-image-effect,
gambas3-gb-form-stock, gambas3-gb-gtk, gambas3-gb-qt4,
gambas3-runtime, imagemagick, mplayer
- Download the package containing the binaries (bin)
- Give the execution rights to the binary file:
chmod +x VideoThumbnailsMaker.gambas
- Run the binary file double-clicking on it or typing in a terminal:
- To my girlfriend for her patience.